Athlete Eligibility Requirements
Requirements for Athletic Clearance
In order to be cleared to try out for a sport, the following steps must be done.
- Parents/guardians and the student athlete should visit the Home Campus website and create an account. On here you will be able to view our Wilcox Athlete Guidelines and all other requirements. Parents/guardians and student athletes will then digitally sign acknowledging they have received and reviewed the materials.
- Student athletes must have a current physical on record. Physicals are good for 365 days. Once your physical is completed, please upload it to the Home Campus website. If you are unable to submit it online, please turn a copy in to the head coach or athletic director. It is recommended that you keep a copy for your records.
- Pre Participation Physical Form
Other Eligibility Requirements
This is not a comprehensive list of requirements, but rather a few other reminders of some of the requirements to be eligible to play a sport.
- During the season, the student athlete must be enrolled in 20 units.
- For the previous grading period, the student athletes must have been enrolled in 20 units and received a 2.0 GPA. If they received a 1.6-1.99 GPA they may apply for academic probation. If you are in this situation, please discuss the matter with your coach.
- Student athlete must not have turned 19 prior to June 15th of the preceding year.
- If student athlete ever attended a different high school, it must be determined whether or not CCS transfer paperwork should be filled out. Please speak to your coach or an athletic director to determine what steps need to be taken.
Santa Clara Unified School District prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassment (including sexual harassment) or bullying based on a person’s actual or perceived ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, immigration status, marital status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy status, race, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Our athletic programs are available to all students. No experience necessary to try out. All preseason workouts prior to the start date of the season are optional and cannot be considered as criteria for selection to a team.
Options for Health Insurance
To participate in a sport, students must have health insurance.
Please email Ms Stott if you are in need of insurance options.